The patented SorbaView® SHIELD is a one-step catheter securement
system that combines the features and benefits of a SorbaView®
Dressing with SHIELD Technology.
SorbaView Dressings set the standard of excellence in catheter
site management. They go on easier and wear longer than other
dressings - SorbaView wicks away excess moisture and "breathes"
like skin, while protecting patients by keeping out bacteria.
SHIELD Technology guards the catheter from aggressive movements
and eliminates the need for a secondary securement device. With the
addition of SHIELD Technology, dressings stay on and catheters stay
put. By keeping the catheter in place, the risk of complications
such as dislodgement are dramatically reduced.
Combined together, SorbaView SHIELD offers all the features and
benefits that have made SorbaView the leader in catheter dressings,
with the added strength and stabilization of our patented Shield
Technology. Marrying these defensive features together results in
an unsurpassed level of catheter stabilization and securement.
- Easy to apply - won't stick to itself during application
- Stays securely in place
- Provides proven barrier against bacteria and contaminants
- Allows vapors to escape through the film window - dressing
"breathes" like skin
- Absorbent pad wicks away excess moisture
- Non-toxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritating and latex free
- Establishes a standard of care and eliminates inconsistent
methods of securement
- Using one product instead of two lowers costs
- Prevents catheter movement and dislodgement
- Latex free, non-sensitizing adhesive
- Available in multiple sizes to fit any vascular access
- 7-day wear time means fewer dressing changes and reduced labor
costs for central lines
- Wear time of 7 days meets the demands of hospital protocols for
- Provides proven barrier against bacteria and contaminants,
lowering the risk of Central Line Blood Stream Infections
Additional Centurion SorbaView Window
Dressing Products Available for CVC Insertion Trays:
Particularly suited for large inducer catheters, the SorbaView Ultimate
IJ Dressing System with Tubing Anchor stays intact for extended
periods. It provides a proven barrier to liquids and bacteria,
while allowing excellent breathability. SorbaView is easy to apply
and minimizes patient discomfort.
Our specially designed SorbaView
Ultimate Dressing for central lines features an adhesive-free
zone that is designed to fit over the BIOPATCH®
Protective Disk. This system increases the area of protection for
the insertion site and allows for easy removal of the dressing
without jeopardizing the integrity of the BIOPATCH.